Conn's (CONN) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c, Sales Light
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Conn's (NASDAQ: CONN) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.05), $0.17 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.22). Revenue for the quarter came in at $355.83 million versus the consensus estimate of $358.71 million.
“We are encouraged by our fiscal 2018 first quarter financial performance, operating results and strong retail profitability - which is all underscored by ongoing progress with our credit business,” commented Norm Miller, Conn\'s Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President. “Conn’s credit segment performance is improving as a result of higher finance charges, strengthening portfolio trends, controlled expenses, and lower borrowing costs. Interest income and fee yield of 18.2% was the highest since the fiscal 2015 fourth quarter as a result of the strategies we have implemented to increase yield. Approximately 84% of our current originations have a weighted average interest rate of 28.6%, compared to almost 22% in September. As higher rate originations become a larger percentage of Conn’s credit portfolio, we now expect interest income and fee yield will ultimately increase to 23 - 25%.”
Outlook and Guidance
The following are the Company\'s expectations for the business for the second quarter of fiscal year 2018:
- Change in same store sales down between 12.0% and 15.0%;
- Retail gross margin between 37.75% and 38.25% of total retail net sales;
- Selling, general and administrative expenses between 30.5% and 32.0% of total revenues;
- Provision for bad debts between $52.0 million and $56.0 million;
- Finance charges and other revenues between $78.0 million and $82.0 million; and
- Interest expense between $20.5 million and $22.5 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Conn's (CONN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Limbach Holdings (LMB) Misses Q1 EPS by 22c, Revenues Miss; Offers FY21 Revenues Guidance Below Consensus
- Bio-key International, Inc. (BKYI) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Hollysys Automation (HOLI) Misses Q3 EPS by 13c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!