ConAgra Brands (CAG) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ConAgra Brands (NYSE: CAG) reported Q3 EPS of $0.48, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.98 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.98 billion.
- Diluted EPS from continuing operations grew from $0.16 to $0.41; adjusted diluted EPS from continuing operations grew 37.1% from $0.35 to $0.48, despite the inclusion in the prior-year period of the Spicetec Flavors and Seasonings and JM Swank businesses, which were divested in the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
- "Adjusted" financial measures exclude the comparability items summarized at the end of this release and are non-GAAP. Please see the end of this release for reconciliations to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measures.
- Net sales decreased 9.9%. Net sales excluding the impacts of divestitures and foreign exchange decreased 4.8%, largely driven by the Company\'s continued progress in building a higher quality revenue base.
- Gross margin (net sales less cost of goods sold as a percent of net sales) expanded 310 basis points, and adjusted gross margin expanded 180 basis points.
CEO PerspectiveSean Connolly, president and chief executive officer of Conagra Brands, commented, "I am pleased with our ongoing progress in reshaping our portfolio, capabilities, and culture. Our disciplined focus on controlling costs and upgrading the quality of our revenue base are delivering the desired impact. We are also excited about our innovation lineup, which we expect to begin hitting stores this summer."
He added, "Now that we have completed the third quarter, we are updating our full year guidance to reflect the beneficial timing of certain costs and the softer near-term macro environment. We expect to deliver adjusted diluted EPS at or slightly above the high-end of our range with net sales (excluding the impacts of divestitures and foreign exchange) at or slightly below the low-end of our range."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on ConAgra Brands (CAG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bio-key International, Inc. (BKYI) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Infinity Pharma (INFI) Misses Q1 EPS by 3c, Revenues Miss
- Co-Diagnostics (CODX) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c, Offers Q2 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!