Columbus Mckinnon (CMCO) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- Square (SQ) to Acquire Afterpay for $29B in All Stock Deal
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
Columbus Mckinnon (NASDAQ: CMCO) reported Q4 EPS of $0.48, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $160.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $155.3 million.
Backlog was $86.8 million at March 31, 2014, a decrease of $11.6 million, or 11.8%, from backlog of $98.4 million at December 31, 2013 due to strong fourth quarter shipment levels, a good portion of which was related to the large Rail & Road project installed in Canada and other project backlog that was shipped. Although the time to convert the majority of backlog to sales typically ranges from one day to a few weeks, backlog can include project-type orders from customers that have defined deliveries that may extend out 12 to 24 months. Backlog at March 31, 2014 available for shipment in the quarter ended June 30, 2014 totaled $57.2 million. As of March 31, 2014, project-type backlog of $29.6 million, or 34.1% of total backlog, was scheduled for shipment beyond June 30, 2014. This compares with project-type backlog of $31.1 million at the end of the trailing third quarter and $33.0 million at March 31, 2013.
Both U.S. and Eurozone capacity utilization are leading market indicators for the Company. In March 2014, U.S. industrial capacity utilization improved to 77.6%, compared with 76.8% in March 2013, and 77.1% in December 2013. Eurozone capacity utilization was up measurably to 80.1% in the quarter ended March 31, 2014, compared with 77.6% during the quarter ended March 31, 2013, and 78.4% in the quarter ended December 31, 2013. The Company's sales tend to lag changes in these indicators by one to two quarters.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Columbus Mckinnon (CMCO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Marin Software (MRIN) Misses Q2 EPS by 23c
- Imperial Oil (IMO) Reports Q2 EPS of C$0.50
- Atlassian (TEAM) Surges as Customer Base Soars in FQ4, At Least Six Analyst Raise PTs on Accelerating Cloud Transition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!