Coinbase (COIN) Misses Q1 EPS by 4c
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 13, 2021 4:05 PM EDT)
Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN) reported Q1 EPS of $3.05, $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of $3.09. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.81 billion.
- We ended Q1 2021 with over 56 million Verified Users and 6.1 million retail MTUs. In addition to strong crypto market conditions, MTU growth was supported by our marketing efforts, including both performance marketing campaigns as well as several broader awareness initiatives. We plan to substantially increase our marketing investments throughout 2021 to drive awareness of Coinbase and our industry.
As we have previously discussed, it is important for investors to remember that our business is inherently unpredictable. MTUs, Trading Volume, and therefore transaction revenue currently fluctuate, potentially materially, with Bitcoin price and crypto asset volatility. As a result, revenue is difficult to forecast. In the interest of transparency, our approach to sharing information relative to future performance will be consistent with how we operate the business. That includes assessing and planning for a wide range of potential outcomes.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Coinbase (COIN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- U.S. Steel (X) Q2 EPS Guidance Tops Consensus
- Middlefield Banc Corp. (MBCN) Announces CEO Retirement and Succession Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Bitcoin
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!