Century Communities (CCS) Tops Q4 EPS by 90c
- Dow drops 1% after hawkish Bullard remarks
- Fed-fuelled dollar soars as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Century Communities (NYSE: CCS) reported Q4 EPS of $2.72, $0.90 better than the analyst estimate of $1.82. Revenue for the quarter came in at $946.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $950.41 million.
- Net income increased 72% to a Company record $91.8 million or $2.72 per diluted share
- Home sales revenues increased 22% to a Company record $946.8 million
- Deliveries grew to a Company record 2,826 homes, a 14% increase
- Net new home contracts increased 45% to a fourth quarter record of 2,566 homes
- Homes in backlog improved 66% to a fourth quarter record 3,439 homes valued at $1.3 billion
- Pre-tax income improved 125% to a Company record $121.2 million
- EBITDA increased 87% to a Company record $144.7 million
- Net homebuilding debt to net capital improved to 27.2% from 45.2%
- Quarter end total liquidity of $1.1 billion
Dale Francescon, Co-Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Our exceptional performance in the fourth quarter concludes an impressive year, reflecting our ongoing momentum and scale benefits, as we capitalized on vigorous housing market demand trends and achieved fourth quarter and full year records in many categories including net new contracts, home deliveries and home sales revenues, along with the highest quarterly and full year net income in our history. As we continue to increase the penetration within our high-growth markets, we expect to generate further operational efficiencies from our national platform which, coupled with robust price appreciation and continued demand, will drive top-line growth, expanded margins and increased profitability.”
Rob Francescon, Co-Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are confident our positive trajectory will continue as not only did our fourth quarter net new contracts increase 45% over last year but we have seen our sales pace accelerate, with December up 54% and January increasing 77%. We are solidly positioned with a backlog of 3,439 sold homes, an increase of 66%, along with nearly 50,000 owned and controlled lots which will support further increases in deliveries, contracts and community count across our Century Communities and Century Complete brands. We’ve substantially strengthened our balance sheet, further improved our cash position, reduced our net debt-to-net-capital ratio to 27% and are well positioned to generate even higher returns to our shareholders.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Century Communities (CCS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- National Storage Affiliates Trust (NSA) PT Raised to $56 at Stifel
- New Model Homes Debuting This June in Castle Pines, CO From Century Communities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!