Century Communities (CCS) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Century Communities (NYSE: CCS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.77, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.73. Revenue for the quarter came in at $608.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $574.53 million.
- Adjusted net income of $23.6 million, or $0.77 per diluted share and net income of $15.5 million, or $0.51 per diluted share
- Home sales revenues increased 17% to a second quarter record $608.6 million
- Selling, general & administrative expense (“SG&A”) as a percent of home sales revenues of 12.4%
- Home deliveries grew 42% to a second quarter record 1,967 homes
- Net new home contracts increased 41% to a record 2,182 homes
- Homes in backlog of 2,591 with a value of $784.2 million
- Completed an offering of $500 million of 6.75% Senior Unsecured Notes due 2027 and extinguished $385 million of 6.875% Senior Unsecured Notes due 2022
- Stockholders’ equity grew 12% to a record $897 million
Dale Francescon, Co-Chief Executive Officer, stated, “As the second quarter progressed, we experienced meaningful improvement in new contracts as lower interest rates and better affordability, a trend which has continued into July, bolstered buyer activity across nearly all markets within our national platform. We remain committed to driving further efficiencies throughout our operations and continuing to invest in attractive land opportunities to deepen our presence in existing markets. Our solid performance year-to-date combined with housing market momentum leaves us well situated to achieve our 2019 growth objectives.”
Rob Francescon, Co-Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are encouraged by the recent uptick in buyer traffic which resulted in a record 2,182 net new home contracts. During the quarter we opened new communities with appealing designs and amenities across all of our regions with a continued emphasis on the entry level price points. In our asset-light, Wade Jurney Homes business we experienced strong momentum during the quarter and expanded operations into Iowa and Michigan which represent the 16th and 17th states in our diversified footprint. With our strong balance sheet, attractive land positions and Wade Jurney Homes integration progressing as planned, we are pleased with the position of our Company.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Century Communities (CCS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- Kroger (KR) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c, FY EPS Guidance Beats
- U.S. Steel (X) Q2 EPS Guidance Tops Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!