Boyd Gaming (BYD) Misses Q1 EPS, Revs; Withdraws Outlook
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Boyd Gaming (NYSE: BYD) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.16), $0.42 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.26. Revenue for the quarter came in at $680.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $775.17 million.
We are fully supportive of the actions taken by state and local officials to help slow the spread of COVID-19, including the closure of our properties nationwide. We look forward to re-opening our properties ‒ following strict safety protocols that will meet or exceed the requirements set forth by health officials ‒ when state authorities determine it is appropriate to do so."
Smith continued: "Prior to the closure of all of our properties in mid-March, our Company began the first quarter with a strong performance, posting two consecutive months of solid year-over-year growth across our nationwide operations. And while our first-quarter results were significantly impacted by property closures, we have taken broad-based actions to reduce expenses and preserve liquidity. As a result of these actions, and the progress we have made in recent years to strengthen our balance sheet, we believe our Company is well-positioned to sustain itself through the closure period. We intend to emerge from these challenging times as a more efficient and operationally focused Company."
Boyd Gaming has withdrawn all previously provided financial guidance, including full-year 2020 Adjusted EBITDAR guidance, due to the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Company's operations
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Boyd Gaming (BYD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Manchester United plc (MANU) Misses Q4 EPS by GBP 5.67
- JinkoSolar (JKS) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.05
- U.S. Steel (X) Sees Q3 Adj-EBITDA of $2B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!