BlackBerry (BBRY) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c
- Wall Street rallies as Fed minutes meet expectations
- NVIDIA Shares Drop 6% on Disappointing Guidance, While Q1 Earnings Beat
- Apple (AAPL) Reportedly Behind Schedule in Development of the New iPhone, Analyst Cuts Price Target on Risk to June Quarter iPhone Revenue
- Oil edges higher on tight supply, rising U.S. refining activity
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/25: NVIDIA, Snowflake Sink on Weaker Guidance; Williams-Sonoma Surges on Strong Numbers (more...)
(Updated - September 25, 2015 7:03 AM EDT)
BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.13), $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.09). Non-GAAP revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2016 was $491 million with GAAP revenue of $490 million.
Total cash, cash equivalents, short-term and long-term investments was $3.35 billion as of August 29, 2015. The cash balance increased $37 million in the second quarter.
Excluding the impact of foreign exchange rates, operating cash flow was $110 million with free cash flow (operating cash flow minus capital expenditures) of $100 million.
"I am confident in our strategy and continued progress, highlighted by our fourth consecutive quarter of year-over-year double digit growth in software licensing revenue and sixth consecutive quarter of positive free cash flow," said Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John Chen. "In order to expand our leadership in cross-platform software and services, we are investing strategically - organically through new products and services based on the BES platform, and through acquisitions like AtHoc and Good."
"At the same time, we are focused on making faster progress to achieve profitability in our handset business. Today, I am confirming our plans to launch Priv, an Android device named after BlackBerry's heritage and core mission of protecting our customers' privacy. Priv combines the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform," continued Mr. Chen.
"From these initiatives, we anticipate modest sequential revenue growth in each of the remaining quarters of fiscal 2016."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on BlackBerry (BBRY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Splunk (SPLK) Tops Q1 EPS by 42c, Offers Guidance
- EnerSys (ENS) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c, Offers Outlook
- Snowflake (SNOW) Q1 Revenues Beat, Posts Loss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!