Best Buy (BBY) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c, Offers Outlook
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) reported Q4 EPS of $3.48, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $3.42. Revenue for the quarter came in at $16.94 billion versus the consensus estimate of $17.15 billion.
- Enterprise Comparable Sales Increased 12.6%
- Domestic Comparable Online Sales Increased 89.3%
Although not providing its traditional guidance, the company is providing the following working assumptions:
- Enterprise comparable sales growth of (-2%) to +1%
- Online sales of approximately 40% of total Domestic sales
- Enterprise non-GAAP gross profit rate2 slightly below the FY21 rate of 22.4%
- Enterprise non-GAAP SG&A2 growth rate in the low single-digits
- Share repurchases of at least $2.0 billion
- Capital expenditures of $750 million to $850 million
- Enterprise comparable sales growth of approximately 20%
- Enterprise non-GAAP gross profit rate2 slightly below the Q1 FY21 rate of 23.0%
- Enterprise non-GAAP SG&A2 growth of approximately 10%
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Best Buy (BBY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan (JPM) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.40, Revenues Beat
- Shaw Communications (SJR) Reports Q2 EPS of Cdn$0.43 on Revenues of Cdn$1.387B
- Hooker Furniture (HOFT) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.71
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!