BancorpSouth (BXS) Tops Q2 EPS by 6c
- Square (SQ) to Acquire Afterpay for $29B in All Stock Deal
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
BancorpSouth (NYSE: BXS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.41, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.35. Net interest revenue was $107.3 million, up 4.1 percent from $103.1 million from last year.
"Our second quarter results reflect our Company's most profitable quarter since 2008," remarked Dan Rollins, BancorpSouth Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Progress in core fundamentals across all areas of our Company continues to drive earnings improvement. Our lenders continue to develop relationships and win new business as evidenced by net loan growth of over $280 million, or approximately 12 percent annualized, for the quarter. Our credit quality remains strong as elevated recoveries of previously charged-off loans contributed to a negative provision for credit losses of $5.0 million. Finally, we continue to challenge expenses and improve our cost structure. While we have more work to do on our expense base, we are pleased to report a decline in our quarterly efficiency ratio to 69.52 percent for the quarter."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on BancorpSouth (BXS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Towne Bank (TOWN) Names Brad E. Schwartz President and CEO
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Tops Q2 EPS by 41c
- Marin Software (MRIN) Misses Q2 EPS by 23c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!