Apogee Enterprises (APOG) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c, Raises FY16 EPS Guidance
- Wall Street ends with broad sell-off on spiking inflation fears
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Fed Has Already Changed its Policy Due to Inflation, Market Gambling Fears - Dick Bove
- U.S. consumer prices post largest gain since 2009 as inflation ramps up
- Bill Ackman said has he been working on a transaction for Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) for months
Apogee Enterprises (NASDAQ: APOG) reported Q1 EPS of $0.41, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.37. Revenue for the quarter came in at $240 million versus the consensus estimate of $241.76 million.
Apogee Enterprises sees FY2016 EPS of $2.10-$2.25, versus the consensus of $2.13.
We remain confident that Apogee will continue to achieve strong growth in fiscal 2016,” said Puishys. “Given the strength of our first-quarter performance and earnings, we are increasing our earnings per share outlook to $2.10 to $2.25, from $2.05 to $2.20.
“We continue to expect revenue growth of 10 to 15 percent,” he said. “This outlook is based on the continued strength of our backlog, commitments, and bidding and award activity, combined with industry forecasts for low double-digit growth for the commercial construction market sectors we serve.”
Puishys said that capital expenditures for the year are anticipated to range from $45 to $50 million as Apogee invests to increase capabilities, capacity and productivity. The gross margin is expected to be approximately 24 percent.
“Our strategies to grow through new geographies, new products and new markets along with our focus on productivity and operational improvements are delivering results,” Puishys said. “We expect to surpass $1 billion in revenues in fiscal 2016 and to achieve a trailing 12-month operating margin of 10 percent midway through fiscal 2017. Longer term, our outlook is for revenues of $1.3 billion at 12 percent operating margin in fiscal 2018.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Apogee Enterprises (APOG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MedAvail Holdings, Inc (MDVL) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 Revenues Mid-Point Guidance Below Consensus
- Relmada Therapeutics (RLMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- Kodak (KODK) Reports Q1 Revenues of $265M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!