AngloGold Ashanti (AU) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.16
- Stocks and oil rise on hopes of looser COVID curbs in China
- Santa Clauss rally? BofA says charts suggest a year-end rally in S&P 500
- Citi's Montagu sees risk for another S&P 500 short squeeze on futures positioning
- Morgan Stanley's Tesla (TSLA) Twitter survey shows investors are concerned
- Chinese stocks rally on hints of authorities' commitment to reopening
AngloGold Ashanti (NYSE: AU) reported Q3 EPS of $0.16, versus $0.28 reported last year.
The strong performance in the first nine months of 2014 helped AngloGold Ashanti tighten the production outlook for 2014 to 4.35Moz-$4.45Moz, at the top end of initial of guidance 4.2Moz - 4.5Moz. This improvement comes despite the sale of the Navachab mine in Namibia in May, losses caused by the earthquake in South Africa, and the transition of the Obuasi Mine to limited operating state by the year-end.
Forecast capital expenditure, initially set at $1.35bn - $1.45bn, has been lowered to $1.25bn - $1.35bn, due mainly to savings at the loss-making Obuasi mine. The forecast for all-in sustaining costs has been kept at $1,025/oz - $1,075/oz.
A study ahead of the reopening of the Obuasi mine, which has a 8.14Moz proved and probable reserve and 27.4Moz inclusive mineral resource, as a full mechanised operation, is scheduled for completion early next year. The company will use cash flows and facilities to fund the remaining retrenchment costs at the mine during the fourth quarter.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on AngloGold Ashanti (AU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pinduoduo (PDD) rallies after 'blowout' results
- Dollar General (DG) PT Raised to $285 at Oppenheimer Into Q3 Earnings
- Progyny (PGNY) raises FY22 revenue guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!