Analog Devices (ADI) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c, Offers Q3 Guidance
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 20, 2020 7:34 AM EDT)
Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) reported Q2 EPS of $1.08, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $1.04. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.32 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.33 billion.
Outlook for the Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2020:
For the third quarter of fiscal 2020, we are forecasting revenue of $1.32 billion, +/- $70 million. At the midpoint of this revenue outlook, we expect reported operating margins of approximately 26.4%, +/-200 bps, and adjusted operating margins of approximately 38.3%, +/-150 bps. We are planning for reported EPS to be $0.72, +/-$0.11, and adjusted EPS to be $1.08, +/-$0.11.
Our third quarter fiscal 2020 outlook is based on current expectations and actual results may differ materially, as a result of, among other things, the important factors discussed at the end of this release. These statements supersede all prior statements regarding our business outlook set forth in prior ADI news releases, and ADI disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
(*Consensus sees Q3 EPS of $1.03 on revenue of $1.33 billion)
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Analog Devices (ADI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Chewy (CHWY) Delivers a Beat-and-Raise Quarter, Shares Fall as Top-Line Growth Slows, Guidance Looks 'Conservative' Says Analyst
- Vince Holding (VNCE) Misses Q1 EPS by 34c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!