Amwell (AMWL) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c
- Pre-Fed jitters keep S&P 500, Nasdaq below record highs
- Oracle (ORCL) Tops Profit and Sales Views But Stock Falls on Guidance Miss, Analysts Still Raise PTs
- General Motors (GM) to Boost EV and AV Investments to $35 Billion Through 2025
- Oil hits new high near $75 on demand rise, falling inventories
- Roblox (RBLX) Lower as DAUs Fall Sequentially
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Amwell (NYSE: AMWL) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.16), $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.19). Revenue for the quarter came in at $57.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $58.75 million.
- Total active providers of approximately 81,000 at the end of the first quarter increased 240% compared to a year ago
- Total visits of 1.6 million in the first quarter increased 120% compared to a year ago
- Total visits since inception surpassed 10 million in the first quarter with 5.9 million added in 2020
“Our first quarter results represent a strong start to the year and demonstrate continued momentum across our business.
As telehealth evolved from a complimentary service to a fundamental enabler of mainstream healthcare, we too have advanced our innovation and investment strategy: our next generation platform Converge is designed to enable healthcare’s most trusted players to carry out digitally empowered, full-spectrum, unified online and in-person care. At its core, we believe Converge offers exceptional usability, reliability, scalability and flexibility. With its modular open architecture and longitudinal capabilities, we believe Converge will simplify innovative collaboration across the ecosystem. We expect Converge to expand our market opportunity and enhance our own efficiencies over time. We also expect it to accelerate innovators’ ability to impact clinical and financial outcomes by creating a faster path to implement new technologies and services in a single integrated platform,” said Dr. Ido Schoenberg, Chairman and Co-CEO.
Amwell sees FY2021 revenue of $260-270 million, versus the consensus of $266.21 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Amwell (AMWL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 'Don't Buy a Ticket on This Hinderburng Thesis': Impact on DraftKings (DKNG) is 'Limited' as Opportunity is Around its US DraftKings Business, Analysts Say
- Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA) Reports Q4 EPS of 0.04
- Optical Cable Corp. (OCC) Reports Q2 EPS of $0.45
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!