American Equity Investment (AEL) Misses Q4 EPS by 20c
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
American Equity Investment (NYSE: AEL) reported Q4 EPS of $0.77, $0.20 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.97.
- Fourth quarter 2020 net loss available to common stockholders of $6.3 million or $(0.07) per diluted common share; Full year 2020 net income available to common stockholders of $637.9 million or $6.90 per diluted common share
- Fourth quarter 2020 non-GAAP operating income1 available to common stockholders of $71.7 million or $0.77 per diluted common share; Full year 2020 non-GAAP operating income1 available to common stockholders of $69.1 million or $0.75 per diluted common share
- Excluding notable items, full year 2020 net loss available to common stockholders of $160.2 million or $(1.74) per share; Full year 2020 non-GAAP operating income1 available to common stockholders of $381.4 million or $4.13 per diluted common share, excluding notable items
- Notable items affecting full year 2020 net income and non-GAAP operating income1 available to common stockholders include the effect of actuarial assumption revisions, a tax benefit from enactment of the CARES Act, and loss on extinguishment of debt
- Book value per share excluding accumulated other comprehensive income with and without net impact of accounting for fair value of derivatives and embedded derivatives of $35.99 and $34.26, respectively
- Fourth quarter 2020 annuity sales of $1.8 billion
- Policyholder funds under management of $54.1 billion
- Fourth quarter 2020 investment spread of 2.25%
- Risk-based capital ratio at December 31, 2020 of 372% excluding over $300 million of excess cash at the holding company
For earnings history and earnings-related data on American Equity Investment (AEL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Mizuho Securities Starts Ameren Corp (AEE) at Neutral (correction)
- Here are 5 Reasons to Buy Shares of Simon Property Group (SPG), According to Morgan Stanley
- Constellation Brands (STZ) Tops Q4 EPS by 27c, Offer Outlook