Altera Corp (ALTR) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Altera Corp (NASDAQ: ALTR) reported Q1 EPS of $0.37, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.32. Revenue for the quarter came in at $461.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $437.97 million.
"The quarter exceeded our expectations as stronger than anticipated Chinese LTE deployments drove wireless sales," said John Daane, president, chief executive officer, and chairman of the board. "We are now shipping Arria 10 FPGAs that offer more logic capacity than any other 20 nm FPGA and speeds that exceed the prior generation high end. Simultaneously, we are making solid progress in the development of our Stratix 10 devices, which use Intel's 14 nm Tri-gate process plus a new FPGA logic architecture to deliver performance twice that of our current high-end FPGA, with vastly more logic resources, lower power and cost."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Altera Corp (ALTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC) PT Raised to $34 at BMO Capital
- National Storage Affiliates Trust (NSA) PT Raised to $56 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!