Alphabet (GOOGL) Tops Q4 EPS by $6.31, Revenues Beat
- Futures rise on solid corporate results, jobless claims data awaited
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- Dell (DELL) Gains on Spin-Off of its 81% Stake in VMware (VMW), Analysts Bulled-Up as It Could Unlock $20 Per Share of Value for DELL
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys 750K Shares of Coinbase (COIN), Sells 240K Shares of Tesla (TSLA)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - February 2, 2021 4:10 PM EST)
Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOG) reported Q4 EPS of $22.30, $6.31 better than the analyst estimate of $15.99. Revenue for the quarter came in at $56.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $53.15 billion.
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet, said: “Our strong results this quarter reflect the helpfulness of our products and services to people and businesses, as well as the accelerating transition to online services and the cloud. Google succeeds when we help our customers and partners succeed, and we see significant opportunities to forge meaningful partnerships as businesses increasingly look to a digital future.”
Ruth Porat, CFO of Google and Alphabet, said: “Our strong fourth quarter performance, with revenues of $56.9 billion, was driven by Search and YouTube, as consumer and business activity recovered from earlier in the year. Google Cloud revenues were $13.1 billion for 2020, with significant ongoing momentum, and we remain focused on delivering value across the growth opportunities we see.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Alphabet (GOOG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citigroup (C) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.02
- Ucommune International Ltd. (UK) Reports Q4 Loss of $0.34 on Revenues of $42.71M
- Alphabet (GOOG) PT Raised to $2,600 at Cowen Into Q1 EPS