Alliance Data Systems (ADS) Tops Q1 EPS by $2.58
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Alliance Data Systems (NYSE: ADS) reported Q1 EPS of $5.74, $2.58 better than the analyst estimate of $3.16. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.09 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.06 billion.
"We remain keenly focused on balancing growth and profitability to ensure the sustainable economics of our portfolio. In 2021, we expect our credit sales to increase at a high-single- to low-double-digit rate, with a net loss rate below 6% for the year and in the mid-to-upper 5% range in the second quarter of 2021," said Mr. Andretta. "Based on our current visibility, credit card and loan receivables at year-end 2021 are projected to be in line with year-end 2020 levels, although average receivables are expected to be down mid-single-digits for the year, reflecting year-over-year pressure in the first half of 2021. We expect to resume high-single-digit to low-double-digit card receivables growth as we enter 2022. Total revenue is anticipated to be down low-single-digits compared to 2020 as the impact from lower receivables is partially offset by improving revenue from LoyaltyOne and the Bread acquisition. We expect efficiencies to enable us to keep total expenses excluding provision for loan loss flat year-over-year while we continue to fund initiatives to better position the Company for future growth. For 2021, our expense forecast includes over $100 million of digital innovation and technology enhancement and $50 million in marketing investments to support growth and a return to positive operating leverage in 2022."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Alliance Data Systems (ADS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Correction: Cowen Sees a Short Term Trading Opportunity in L3Harris Technologies (LHX) Ahead of Earnings
- Lincoln National (LNC) Announces Reinsurance Transaction With Resolution Life and Significant Capital Deployment
- Weber Inc. (WEBR) Reports In-line Q3 Revenue, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!