Activision Blizzard Q4 results beat Wall Street estimates
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts ATVI Hot Sheet
EPS Growth %: -18.8%
Dividends per common share (in dollars per share): 0
Today's EPS Names:
IDEX, CIG, NIE, More
Join SI Premium – FREE
By Yasin Ebrahim
Investing.com -- Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) reported fourth-quarter results that beat Wall Street estimates just as the video game maker's sale to Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) is expected to face more headwinds.
Activision Blizzard was up 0.8% in aftermarket hours following the report.
The gaming publisher reported Q4 earnings per share of $1.87, which was above expectations for $1.51 a share. Net bookings, the number of products and services sold digitally or sold physically, was $3.57 billion beating estimates of $3.19B.
"We ended 2022 with record quarterly net bookings as we delivered on our mission to bring epic joy to players," the company said.
The quarterly results come as the focus for Activision Blizzard remains on its impending $69B sale to Microsoft. But regulatory concerns over potential antitrust practices from Microsoft has made it challenging to wrap up the deal.
Microsoft reportedly expects the UK's competition watchdog to oppose its $69B deal to take over the video game company.
The deal with Microsoft will "enable us to better serve our players, create greater opportunities for our employees, and allow us to succeed in an increasingly competitive global gaming industry," Activision said.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK's CMA Narrows Concerns Scope In Microsoft's (MSFT) Activision (ATVI) Deal
- lululemon athletica (LULU) stock to be 'on the move,' Citi opens upside 30-day catalyst watch ahead of earnings
- Vasta Platform Limited (VSTA) Tops Q4 EPS, Revenue
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!