Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) Tops Q4 EPS by 28c
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
- Oil rallies on weaker dollar and Iran supply uncertainty
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) reported Q4 EPS of $1.38, $0.28 better than the analyst estimate of $1.10. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.19 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.16 billion.
Comparable sales increased 9% for the quarter and 3% for the year, with Hollister up 11% and Abercrombie up 5% for the quarter
Fiscal 2018 Outlook
For fiscal 2018, the company expects:
Comparable sales to be up low-single digits
Net sales to be up low-single digits, with benefits from changes in foreign currency exchange rates largely offset by the adverse impact from the loss of fiscal 2017's additional week
Changes in foreign currency exchange rates to benefit net sales by approximately $50 million and operating income by approximately $15 million, net of hedging
A gross profit rate up slightly from the fiscal 2017 rate of 59.7%, with some continuing pressure in the first quarter
Operating expenses, excluding other operating income, to be up approximately 1% from fiscal 2017 adjusted non-GAAP operating expense of $2 billion, resulting in expense leverage, while supporting significant incremental investments in strategic initiatives
Other operating income to not be significant, including as a result of gift card breakage now being recognized within net sales due to the adoption of the new revenue recognition accounting standards
A weighted average diluted share count of approximately 71 million shares, excluding the effect of potential share buybacks
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nutrien (NTR) Raises 1st-Half Guidance
- Everi Holdings (EVRI) Announces Expected 2021 Second Quarter Results In Connection With Plan To Refinance Outstanding Debt
- Ford Motor (F) Sees Q2 Adjusted EBIT Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!