AT&T (T) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Wall Street ends with broad sell-off on spiking inflation fears
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Fed Has Already Changed its Policy Due to Inflation, Market Gambling Fears - Dick Bove
- U.S. consumer prices post largest gain since 2009 as inflation ramps up
- Bill Ackman said has he been working on a transaction for Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) for months
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AT&T (NYSE: T) reported Q4 EPS of $0.66, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.66. Revenue for the quarter came in at $41.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $42.04 billion.
- Consolidated revenues of $41.8 billion
- Operating income of $4.2 billion
- Net income attributable to AT&T of $2.4 billion
- Diluted EPS of $0.39 as reported and $0.66 as adjusted, compared to $0.65 and $0.63 in the year-ago quarter
- Cash from operations of $10.1 billion
- Free cash flow of $3.7 billion, up 19.2%
- Fourth-quarter: 2.8 million wireless net adds
- 1.5 million U.S.
- 1.3 million Mexico
- U.S. wireless fourth-quarter results:
- 1.1 million branded smartphones added to subscriber base
- Best-ever postpaid phone churn of 0.98%
- Wireless postpaid churn of 1.16%
- Strong operating margin of 24.7%; best-ever fourth-quarter service EBITDA margin of 45.4%
- Strong DIRECTV NOW launch with more than 200,000 paid net adds
- 235,000 U.S. DIRECTV satellite net adds with stable linear TV subscriber base
- 149,000 IP broadband net adds with stable total broadband base
- Nearly 400 million North American 4G LTE POPs
“2016 was a transformational year for AT&T, one in which we made tremendous progress toward our goal of becoming the global leader in telecom, media and technology,” said Randall Stephenson, AT&T Chairman and CEO. “We launched DIRECTV NOW, our innovative over-the-top streaming service. Our 5G evolution plans and improved spectrum position are paving the way for the next-generation of super-fast mobile and fixed networks. And we shook-up the industry with our landscape-changing deal to acquire Time Warner, the logical next step in our strategy to bring together world-class content with best-in-class distribution which will drive innovation and more choice for consumers.
“At the same time, we performed at a high level in 2016 with growing revenues, expanding adjusted consolidated operating margins and solid adjusted earnings growth, and we hit our $1.5 billion DIRECTV cost-synergy target. We also delivered record cash from operations, which allowed us to return substantial value to investors and invest more in the U.S. economy.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on AT&T (T) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alexco Resource (AXU) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$0.01
- Sonos (SONO) Tops Q2 EPS by 53c, FY Rev. Guidance Beats
- KORU Medical Systems (KRMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!