AT&T, Inc. (T) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c
- Wall Street ends with broad sell-off on spiking inflation fears
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Fed Has Already Changed its Policy Due to Inflation, Market Gambling Fears - Dick Bove
- U.S. consumer prices post largest gain since 2009 as inflation ramps up
- Bill Ackman said has he been working on a transaction for Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) for months
AT&T, Inc. (NYSE: T) reported Q2 EPS of $0.62, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.63. Revenue for the quarter came in at $32.6 billion versus the consensus estimate of $33.41 billion.
- Postpaid net adds of more than 1 million, strongest gain in nearly five years
- Best-ever postpaid churn of 0.86 percent
- Wireless revenues up 3.7 percent versus the year-ago quarter
- Wireless data billings up almost 20 percent versus the year-earlier quarter
- Wireless operating income margin of 24.1 percent with adjusted EBITDA service margin of 42.6 percent
- More than 700,000 postpaid smartphone net adds; about 61 million total branded smartphone subscribers, both postpaid and prepaid
- 250,000 branded tablet net adds; 366,000 postpaid tablet net adds
- 1.6 million new postpaid smartphones added (both upgrades and new subscribers); smartphones accounted for 92 percent of postpaid phone sales
- AT&T Mobile Share® accounts reached 14.6 million, or more than 41 million connections – about 56 percent of postpaid subscribers; 49 percent of accounts on data plans of 10 gigabytes or higher
- More than 50 percent, or 3.1 million, of all smartphone gross adds and upgrades on AT&T NextSM
Strong Wireline Consumer Growth and Strategic Business Services Gains
- Continued strong wireline consumer revenue growth of 3.0 percent versus the year-earlier period
- Total U-verse® revenues, including business, were up 24.8 percent year over year; now approaching a $15 billion annualized revenue stream
- 488,000 high speed Internet subscriber net adds, including 55,000 business customers; U-verse broadband about 70 percent of total broadband base
- 190,000 U-verse TV subscribers added
- Strategic business services growth of 13.5 percent year over year, an annualized revenue stream of more than $9 billion and now more than 27 percent of wireline business revenues
For earnings history and earnings-related data on AT&T, Inc. (T) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alexco Resource (AXU) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$0.01
- Koss Corp (KOSS) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.06/sh
- 1Life Healthcare (ONEM) Misses Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 Revenues Mid-Point Guidance Below Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings, Hot List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!