Cathie Wood's space ETF fails to lift off in debut
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
By Lance Tupper and Noel Randewich
(Reuters) - Shares of star investor Cathie Wood's ARK Space Exploration & Innovation ETF failed to lift off on Tuesday in their Wall Street debut.
Ark Investment Management's latest exchange traded fund focuses on companies related to orbital and sub-orbital space, enabling technologies, and also those that stand to benefit from aerospace activities, according to its prospectus. Its shares were last down 0.9%.
The actively managed fund's top holding is software maker Trimble Inc, followed by 3D Printing ETF and Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc.
JD.com, Lockheed Martin Corp, Nvidia, Amazon, Alphabet and Boeing are also among the fund's 38 holdings.
Wood's flagship $22 billion Ark Innovation fund is popular with retail investors after more than doubling in the past 12 months, with top holdings including Tesla and Square.
The Ark Innovation fund was up 2.7% on Tuesday, but it remains down 8% so far in 2021, hit by a shift by investors toward companies viewed as likely to benefit the most from a recovering economy in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Other ETFs run by Ark Investment Management focus on genomics, autonomous cars and financial technology.
(Reporting by Noel Randewich and Lance Tupper; Editing by Marguerita Choy)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds Another 3M+ Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), 1.5M+ of Palantir (PLTR) on Tuesday
- S&P Dow Jones brings bitcoin, ethereum to Wall St with cryptocurrency indexes
- Yellen says she sees no inflation problem after rate hike comments roil Wall Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, General News, Reuters
Related EntitiesTesla, ARK
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!