Dividend Aristocrat Caterpillar (CAT) Boosts Dividend 8%
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Dividend Aristocrat Caterpillar (NYSE: CAT) raised its quarterly dividend 8% to $1.11 per share, or $4.44 annualized. The annual yield on the new dividend is 1.9 percent, based on the current share price.
The dividend will be payable on August 20, 2021, to stockholders of record on July 20, 2021, with an ex-dividend date of July 19, 2021.
"Through the execution of our enterprise strategy for profitable growth, Caterpillar is generating higher free cash flow through the cycles," said Caterpillar CEO Jim Umpleby. "Our strong balance sheet and liquidity position make it possible for us to continue our long history of increasing our dividend and returning value to shareholders."
Caterpillar has paid higher dividends to shareholders for 27 consecutive years and is a member of the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrat which requires 25 years of annual dividend hikes as a criteria.
The company's latest dividend hike was in July 2019, with a 20% hike. In 2018, the dividend was hiked 10%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Employers Holdings (EIG) Declares $0.25 Quarterly Dividend
- Provident Financial Holdings (PROV) Declares $0.14 Quarterly Dividend; 3.3% Yield
- PerkinElmer (PKI) Declares $0.07 Quarterly Dividend; 0.2% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividend Hike, Dividends
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Dividend, Dividend Aristocrats
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!