West Fraser Timber (WFG) Completes Acquisition of Norbord
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. ("West Fraser") (TSX and NYSE: WFG) and Norbord Inc. ("Norbord") today jointly announce that they have completed the previously announced transaction (the "Transaction") whereby West Fraser has acquired all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Norbord (the "Norbord Shares"). Under the terms of the Transaction, holders of Norbord Shares received 0.675 of a common share of West Fraser (the "West Fraser Shares") for each Norbord Share held.
"Today marks a new era for all West Fraser employees and shareholders with the completion of the Norbord transaction. The combination of two top-calibre employee teams manufacturing sustainable products that are essential for a low-carbon economy positions West Fraser well going forward," said Raymond Ferris, President and Chief Executive Officer of West Fraser.
Management and Board Changes
Raymond Ferris will continue as the President and Chief Executive Officer and Chris Virostek will continue as the Vice-President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer. Peter Wijnbergen, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Norbord, has been appointed President, Engineered Wood and Sean McLaren, Vice-President, U.S. Lumber, has been appointed President, Solid Wood. Marian Lawson and Colleen McMorrow, directors of Norbord, have also been appointed to West Fraser's Board of Directors.
Listing of West Fraser Shares on NYSE and Delisting of Norbord Shares
As previously announced, West Fraser has received the approval of the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") to list the West Fraser Shares on the NYSE. The West Fraser Shares will commence trading today on the NYSE under the stock symbol "WFG". Concurrent with the commencement of trading on the NYSE, West Fraser's stock symbol on the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") will be changed to "WFG".
The Norbord Shares will be delisted from the NYSE prior to commencement of trading today, with delisting from the TSX expected to follow at the close of markets on February 2, 2021.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Notice of First Quarter Results Conference Call
- Citigroup (C) Says it Knows of Another Bank Making Big Payment Error, Even Larger Than Its Revlon Mistake - Bloomberg
- Blackrock, State Street Have Expressed Interest In Buying Credit Suisse's (CS) Asset Management Unit- Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!