ViacomCBS (VIAC) Tops Q4 EPS by 29c
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) reported Q4 EPS of $1.31, $0.29 better than the analyst estimate of $1.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.87 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.88 billion.
- Grew Global Streaming Subscribers to Nearly 30M and Pluto TV Global MAUs to 43M; Domestic Streaming Subscribers Rose to 19.2M, up 71% Year-Over-Year, and Pluto TV Domestic MAUs Increased to 30.1M
- Accelerated Domestic Streaming & Digital Video Revenue Growth to 72% Year-Over-Year in Q4, Driven by Strong Streaming Subscription and Streaming Advertising Revenue
- Increased Q4 Affiliate Revenue 13% Year-Over-Year and Advertising Revenue 4% Year-Over-Year, Driving a 3% Year-Over-Year Increase in Total Revenue
- Delivered Year-Over-Year Improvements in Q4 Operating Income, Adjusted OIBDA, Operating Cash Flow From Continuing Operations and Free Cash Flow
- Hosting Virtual Investor Event Today, Detailing Paramount+ – a Differentiated Streaming Offering Spanning Live Sports, Breaking News and a Mountain of Entertainment – Ahead of March 4 Launch
Statement from Bob Bakish, President & CEO
“We started 2020 with clear goals: unlock the power of our combination, build robust operating momentum and accelerate our streaming strategy – and we delivered. In Q4, despite the ongoing impacts of COVID-19, we finished the year with strong advertising and affiliate results that demonstrate the strength of our core businesses and achieved incredible growth across our linked streaming ecosystem, reaching nearly 30 million global subscribers and over 43 million Pluto TV global MAUs. At today’s streaming investor event, we look forward to showcasing our opportunity to expand our position and bring ViacomCBS content and brands to streaming audiences around the world.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on ViacomCBS (VIAC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Score Media and Gaming (SCR) Reports Q2 Loss of C$0.45/sh
- UPDATE: MIND Technology Inc. (MIND) Misses Q4 EPS by 22c, Revenues Miss
- AppHarvest (APPH) Announces Ciara Burnham and Geof Rochester to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!