VICI Properties Inc. (VICI) to Acquire the Venetian Resort’s Real Estate in Las Vegas
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
VICI Properties Inc. (NYSE: VICI) (“VICI Properties” or the “Company”) announced today it has entered into definitive agreements to acquire from Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE: LVS) (“LVS”) all of the land and real estate assets associated with the Venetian Resort Las Vegas and the Sands Expo and Convention Center, located in Las Vegas, Nevada (collectively, the “Venetian Resort”), for $4.0 billion in cash, representing a 6.25% cap rate. An affiliate of certain funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. (the “Apollo Funds”), has agreed to acquire the operating company of the Venetian Resort for $2.25 billion, subject to customary closing conditions, of which $1.2 billion is in the form of a secured term loan from LVS and the remainder is payable in cash.
Simultaneous with the closing of the transaction, the Company will enter into a triple-net lease agreement for the Venetian Resort with an affiliate of the Apollo Funds. The lease will have an initial total annual rent of $250.0 million and an initial term of 30 years, with two ten-year tenant renewal options. LVS has agreed to provide lease payment support designed to guarantee the Venetian Resort’s rent obligations under the lease through 2023, with early termination of such lease payment support if the Venetian Resort achieves a certain financial milestone or a tenant change of control occurs. Rent under the lease will escalate at the greater of 2.0% or CPI (subject to a 3.0% ceiling), beginning the earlier of lease year three or when the Venetian Resort achieves certain financial milestones. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals, and is expected to be completed by year end 2021. The Company intends to fund the transaction through a combination of cash on hand, equity and long-term debt financing.
Ed Pitoniak, Chief Executive Officer of VICI Properties, said, “In envisioning and building the Venetian Resort, Sheldon Adelson stands among the great American place-makers of the last 100 years. There are few assets in American commercial real estate that deserve to be called monumental, but the Venetian Resort is truly monumental in both its spatial grandeur and in its economics. Upon closing of the transaction, VICI will be honored to help steward the legacy of what Mr. Adelson and the Las Vegas Sands team, led by Rob Goldstein and Patrick Dumont, have built.”
John Payne, President and Chief Operating Officer of VICI Properties, said, “We are absolutely thrilled to enhance our portfolio of market-leading experiential assets with the iconic Venetian Resort complex. We have long admired the incomparable size, scale and quality of the Venetian Resort and are proud to opportunistically acquire the asset at an attractive, accretive cap rate for shareholders. Additionally, we are confident Apollo’s vision will greatly benefit the property’s operations for years to come.”
Apollo Partner Alex van Hoek said, “The Venetian Resort is a marquee property in Las Vegas with an unmatched set of amenities to serve guests across hospitality, meeting events, gaming, and entertainment – categories that we believe are well positioned for strong post-Covid recovery and long-term growth. We see significant opportunity to invest in and accelerate the growth of The Venetian Resort and are excited to strengthen and support the talented team there to execute this vision.”
The Venetian Resort Las Vegas features:
- Three hotel towers: The Venetian Tower is a 35-story three-winged luxury hotel tower with 3,015 suites; the second tower is an adjoining 1,013-suite, 12-story Venezia Tower; the Palazzo Tower has 3,064 suites situated in a 50-story luxury hotel tower, which features modern European ambience and design, and is directly connected to The Venetian Tower and Sands Expo Center
- Approximately 225,000 square feet of gaming space and approximately 210 table games and 1,480 slot machines and ETGs
- A variety of amenities for its guests, including a Paiza Club, several theaters and Canyon Ranch SpaClub
- An enclosed retail, dining and entertainment complex, referred to as the Grand Canal Shoppes
- Sands Expo Center, one of the largest overall trade show and convention facilities in the United States (as measured by net leasable square footage), with approximately 1.2 million gross square feet of exhibit and meeting space
- The Venetian Resort also contains an approximately 1.1 million-gross-square-foot meeting and conference facility that links Sands Expo Center to The Venetian Resort Las Vegas; together with the Sands Expo Center, the facilities offer approximately 2.3 million gross square feet of state-of-the-art exhibition and meeting facilities that can be configured to provide small, mid-size or large meeting rooms and/or accommodate large-scale multi-media events or trade shows
- This mix of hotel, gaming, food and beverage, entertainment, shopping and meeting and conference features makes the Venetian Resort diversified across multiple sources of revenue
The Venetian Resort and Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. ("MSG") are working to bring a 400,000-square-foot venue built specifically for music and entertainment to Las Vegas. MSG is currently building the MSG Sphere at The Venetian, an 18,000-seat venue, which will be located near, with connectivity to, the Venetian Resort and is currently expected to open in 2023.
Morgan Stanley & Co LLC acted as lead strategic and financial advisor to VICI Properties and Deutsche Bank Securities acted as a financial advisor to VICI Properties on the transaction. Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP served as legal advisor and Hogan Lovells served as tax advisor to VICI Properties.
A presentation relating to the transaction can be found on the Company’s website at http://investors.viciproperties.com/events-and-presentations/.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Grab is said to announce deal with Altimeter Growth Corp (AGC) next week - Bloomberg
- Envestnet (ENV) Acquires Harvest Savings & Wealth Technologies
- Genmab A/S (GMAB) and Seagen (SGEN) Announce U.S. FDA Filing Acceptance for Priority Review of Tisotumab Vedotin BLA for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Sheldon Adelson, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!