UNITY Biotechnology (UBX) Announces CFO Transition
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
UNITY Biotechnology, Inc. (“UNITY”) (NASDAQ: UBX), a biotechnology company developing therapeutics to extend healthspan by slowing, halting or reversing diseases of aging, today announced that Bob Goeltz, chief financial officer, will leave the company at the end of July 2020 to pursue a new opportunity. Effective August 1, 2020, Lynne Sullivan, former senior vice president of Biogen, Inc. (“Biogen”), will become UNITY’s interim chief financial officer.
“I want to thank Bob for his many contributions and wish him success in his next endeavors,” said Anirvan Ghosh, Ph.D., chief executive officer of UNITY. “We have a stellar finance team at UNITY, and are fortunate to have someone of Lynne's stature to step in quickly and efficiently to lead the group. Having worked with Lynne in my prior role at Biogen, I can attest to the strength of her reputation within the industry, and the wealth of corporate finance and business development experience she brings to UNITY."
“I am incredibly excited by the opportunity to work with Anirvan once again,” said Lynne Sullivan. “I have been impressed by the bold vision and the advancement of the drug development programs at UNITY, and this is a vital time to get involved. The second half of 2020 is a very important period for UNITY, with a Phase 2 data readout from the UBX0101 program in osteoarthritis, as well as the commencement of Phase 1 studies for its second drug program, UBX1325, targeting age-related diseases of the eye.”
Lynne Sullivan brings more than 20 years of experience working in the pharma and biotech industry. Ms. Sullivan worked at Biogen for over 10 years, most recently serving as senior vice president of finance with global responsibility for corporate finance, financial planning and analysis and corporate tax. Ms. Sullivan is currently a member of the board of directors, as well as chair of the audit committees, of three publicly traded biopharmaceutical companies: Solid Biosciences, Inc., resTORbio, Inc. and BiomX Inc. Ms. Sullivan also serves on the board of Inozyme Pharma, Inc., a private biopharmaceutical company. Ms. Sullivan served as the chief financial officer for Compass Therapeutics. She received an M.S. in taxation from Bentley University and a B.S.B.A. from Suffolk University. Ms. Sullivan was a Certified Public Accountant for over 20 years.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genmab A/S (GMAB) and Seagen (SGEN) Announce U.S. FDA Filing Acceptance for Priority Review of Tisotumab Vedotin BLA for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
- Boise Cascade (BCC) Announces CFO Transition
- RedHill Biopharma's (RDHL) Phase 2/3 COVID-19 Study of Opaganib Passes Fourth DSMB Review with Unanimous Recommendation to Continue
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!