Tesla (TSLA) Unveils New Roadster
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation fears prompt tech sell-off
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In a surprise announcement at last night's semi truck event, Tesla's (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk unveiled a new Roadster model.
Musk said it will be the quickest car in the world, with record-setting acceleration, range and performance. The car will go 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds, have a top speed of over 250mph and a range of 620 miles.
Musk called it "a hardcore smackdown to gasoline cars".
Tesla will offer a regular model for $200,000 that can be reserved for $50,000 and a Founders Series Roadsters which is limited to the first 1,000 reservations for $250,000.
It will also have seating for four.
The new Roadster will become available in 2020.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: NTSB Issues Preliminary Report on April 17 Texas Tesla (TSLA) Crash
- Wynn Interactive to Merge with SPAC Austerlitz Acquisition Corporation I (AUS)
- U.S. Global Investors Announces Fourth Straight Quarter of AUM Growth to $4.6 Billion, with Revenues Expanding 23% QoQ and 595% YoY
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!