Tesla (TSLA) Unveils New Roadster
- Wall St bounces back on boost from banks, industrials
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- Oil steady on summer demand hopes but Iranian supply looms
- Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Plunge as China's Crackdown on Mining Intensifies, One-Third Of Global Processing Power Now Shut
- Headwinds are Building, Prepare for a Significant Market Correction, Says Top Market Analyst
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In a surprise announcement at last night's semi truck event, Tesla's (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk unveiled a new Roadster model.
Musk said it will be the quickest car in the world, with record-setting acceleration, range and performance. The car will go 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds, have a top speed of over 250mph and a range of 620 miles.
Musk called it "a hardcore smackdown to gasoline cars".
Tesla will offer a regular model for $200,000 that can be reserved for $50,000 and a Founders Series Roadsters which is limited to the first 1,000 reservations for $250,000.
It will also have seating for four.
The new Roadster will become available in 2020.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alset EHome International (AEI) Announces a Strategic Agreement with Tesla (TSLA) for PV Solar Panels, Powerwalls and EV Chargers
- Alset EHome International Inc. will Deliver First 20 EHomes with Tesla PV Solar Panels, Powerwalls and EV Chargers in Houston Area
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Board appoints Philipp Stratmann as its new President and Chief Executive Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!