Tesla (TSLA) Unveils Highly-Anticipated Semi Truck
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) unveiled its high-anticipated Semi truck with a range of 500 miles Thursday evening.
While Tesla did not disclose the cost of the new Semi, CEO Elon Musk said the total operating costs would be lower than that of a diesel-powered truck.
Musk said jackknifing would be a thing of the past and said the truck would go 0-60 in 5 seconds versus 15 second for diesel trucks.
The company would also have "megachargers" worldwide that would recharge the trucks to a 400-mile range in 30 minutes. These megachargers would be solar-powered.
The truck is scheduled for production in 2019.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Says Buy Tesla (TSLA) on Weakness, Reiterates Overweight
- QuantumScape (QS), Volkswagen Sign Agreement to Select Location for Joint Venture Pilot-Line Facility
- Tesla (TSLA) call ratio 1.7 calls to 1 put as shares trade below $600
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!