Tesla (TSLA) Recalls over 1 Million Vehicles
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
According to documents released Thursday, electric vehicle giant, Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) is recalling more than 1 million vehicles in the U.S. over a faulty window automatic reversal system that may not properly detect obstruction.
"If a window is closing and detects an obstruction, the condition may increase the risk of a pinching injury to the occupant," according to the recall document.
The recall covers some Model 3s manufactured between 2017 and 2022, Model Ys made between 2020 and 2021 and certain Model S and Model X Tesla's from 2021 to 2022. Owners of the vehicles included in the recall are expected to be notified beginning Nov. 15.
NHTSA said the vehicles failed to comply with the requirements of a federal motor vehicle safety standard on power windows.
Tesla said during product testing in August employees identified window automatic reversal system performance that had "greater than expected variations in response to pinch detection."
After extensive additional testing, Tesla determined the vehicles pinch detection and retraction performance in the test results did not meet automatic reversal systems requirements
Tesla said it was not aware of any crashes, injuries or deaths related to the condition, per the filing, and that starting Sept. 13, vehicles in production and in pre-delivery received a software update that sets power operated window operation to the requirements.
By Michael Elkins | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Internal Tesla (TSLA) Report Forecasts 4Q Output Jump and Growth Through 2023
- Deutsche Bank Bullish Ahead of Tesla’s (TSLA) AI Day and 3Q Report
- Super agent Emanuel said to seek Musk, Twitter (TWTR) settlement - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot List, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTesla, Michael Elkins
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!