Synaptics (SYNA) Tops Q2 EPS by 17c; Offers 3Q Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Wall St. opens lower as Netflix slides, virus cases rise
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence dampens risk appetite
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) reported Q2 EPS of $2.30, $0.17 better than the analyst estimate of $2.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $357.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $357.37 million.
Q2’21 Financial Results and Recent Business Highlights
- Revenue of $357.6 million
- GAAP Gross Margin of 42.1 percent
- Record non-GAAP Gross Margin of 52.1 percent
- GAAP diluted earnings per share of $1.36
- Record non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $2.30
- Record revenue for IoT and PC businesses for the December quarter
“Synaptics delivered an outstanding December quarter with revenues exceeding the mid-point of our guidance, and the highest non-GAAP gross margins, net income and EPS in the company’s 35-year history,” said Michael Hurlston, Synaptics’ president and CEO. “Overall, our diversification strategy with a tilt toward IoT and PC is paying dividends with both businesses delivering record revenue in the quarter. IoT now represents our largest business, giving us a stable foundation from which we can more aggressively drive top line growth.”
Synaptics sees Q3 2021 revenue of $310-340 million, versus the consensus of $305.81 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Synaptics (SYNA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ASML Holdings (ASML) Reports Q1 EPS of EUR3.21 on Revenues of EUR4.36B; Offers 2Q Revenue Outlook
- Cambridge Bancorp (CATC) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c
- iGaming Continues To Set Records With MI Ramping as Sports Betting Rebounds On Strong March Madness Betting Activity - Craig Hallum
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!