Square (SQ) Partners with Eventbrite, Invests $25M
- Wall Street dips as Fed meet gets underway
- DraftKings (DKNG) Plunges as Hindenburg's Report Indicates Betting Company's Links to Black Market Operations
- U.S. retail sales take step back as spending pivots to services, trend remains strong
- Amazon (AMZN) Reiterated as Top Pick, Set to Pass Walmart (WMT) Overall in 2022 - JPMorgan
- ZoomInfo (ZI) Gains After Setting $2 Billion 2025 Sales Target, Analysts Positive
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Square (NYSE: SQ) announced a strategic partnership with Eventbrite, in which Square will drive Eventbrite’s payments systems, including online, mobile, and in-person transactions. Additionally, to support Eventbrite’s vision to power the world’s largest platform for live experiences, Square has invested $25 million in the company.
“Eventbrite’s global network of event creators have the same entrepreneurial spirit and drive as the millions of sellers who run their businesses on Square,” said Alyssa Henry, Seller Lead at Square. “We’re thrilled to bring Square’s payments technology to Eventbrite. As the lines that separate online and offline business fade, we look forward to helping them further simplify all aspects of commerce, so they can stay focused on their core business of powering great live events.”
“Like Eventbrite, Square has been focused on leveraging technology to innovate in a traditional industry, and they bring a new approach to payments that has allowed millions of merchants to transact effortlessly,” said Tamara Mendelsohn, VP of Product at Eventbrite. “The result is a beautifully simple way for people to pay, and having that same engine drive our payment processing will ensure that transacting on Eventbrite will always be easy, secure and supported by incredibly rich data.”
The partnership between Square and Eventbrite will enable:
- Online and mobile payments: Square will be Eventbrite’s payment processing partner for paid events, tickets, registrations, merchandise sales, donations, and other associated products or services.
- In-person payments: Square will be Eventbrite’s payment processing partner for in-person transactions, enabling event creators to easily accept card payments from attendees with Square’s hardware and Point of Sale software.
- Omni-channel reporting and management: By powering Eventbrite’s online, mobile, and in-person payments, Square will provide event creators with a single platform, and therefore one comprehensive view into all of their sales. This omni-channel payment, reporting, and management capability will empower event creators with the data they need to deliver outstanding attendee experiences and make informed decisions about their businesses.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Popular stocks with increasing volume: PLTR F BB SQ
- Evoke Pharma (EVOK) and EVERSANA Announce Positive Findings from Second GIMOTI® Market Research Study
- FedEx (FDX) and Nuro Team Up to Advance Last-Mile Logistics with Autonomous Vehicles
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesSequoia Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!