Simulations Plus (SLP) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Simulations Plus (NASDAQ: SLP) reported Q2 EPS of $0.15, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.14. Revenue for the quarter came in at $13.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $12.84 million.
Q2 Financial highlights compared with the corresponding period last fiscal year:
- Revenue increased 27% to $13.1 million
- Gross profit increased 33% to $10.2 million
- Gross margin was 78%, up from 74%
- Net income increased 49% to $3.2 million
- Diluted earnings per share increased 25% to $0.15 per share
Shawn O’Connor, chief executive officer of Simulations Plus, said: “We delivered excellent 27% overall revenue growth, outpacing our annual targets. During the quarter, we also successfully completed our first sponsored conference, the MIDD+ Scientific Conference, a two-day event focused on delivering customized modeling and simulation content specifically for pharmaceutical scientists and their organizations, which was widely attended. We also won several funded collaboration projects and released new versions of GastroPlus® and Monolix Suite™. In summary, this was a productive quarter for Simulations Plus and an encouraging first six months of the fiscal year.”
“While we expect growth to normalize in the second-half of our fiscal year, and are maintaining our full-year growth targets of 15-20%, this first-half performance underscores the strength and diversification of our business model,” continued Mr. O’Connor. “We have built a global organization selling an expanding portfolio of software and services to pharma and regulatory customers, and our growth is increasingly facilitating cross-selling as we leverage our industry leadership. This growth is largely dropping to our bottom line, increasing profitability and bolstering our ability to make additional strategic acquisitions.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Simulations Plus (SLP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Limbach Holdings (LMB) Misses Q1 EPS by 22c, Revenues Miss; Offers FY21 Revenues Guidance Below Consensus
- HyreCar (HYRE) Misses Q1 EPS by 21c
- Evoke Pharma (EVOK) Announces Vickie Reed to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!