Red Hat (RHT) Approves $1B Buyback
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the repurchase of up to $1 billion of the Company’s common stock from time to time on the open market or in privately negotiated transactions.
The new program is to replace the previous $1 billion repurchase program that will expire on June 30, 2018. From its commencement on July 1, 2016 through June 20, 2018, the Company repurchased approximately 8.2 million shares of its common stock for $751 million under the previous program.
“Red Hat’s Board of Directors and management team firmly believe in our long-term growth prospects and our ability to generate operating cash flow through our subscription business model. We are also demonstrating our continued focus on efficient capital allocation with a new $1 billion stock repurchase authorization,” stated Eric Shander, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Red Hat.
The timing and the amount of any repurchases of common stock will be determined by Red Hat management based on its evaluation of market conditions and other factors. Repurchases of common stock may also be made under a Rule 10b5-1 plan, which would permit common stock to be repurchased when the Company might otherwise be precluded from doing so under insider trading laws. The repurchase program may be suspended or discontinued at any time. Any repurchased common stock will be available for use in connection with the Company's stock plans and for other corporate purposes.
As of May 31, 2018, the Company had cash and investments of approximately $2.5 billion.
Red Hat had approximately 177.5 million shares of common stock outstanding as of May 31, 2018.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LiveXLive's (LIVX) PodcastOne Enters Into A Partnership With Samsung
- Iovance Biotherapeutics (IOVA) Announces Clinical Data Updates for Lifileucel in Advanced Melanoma During AACR
- Regeneron (REGN) Announces NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Strongly Recommend Use of REGEN-COV in Outpatients at High Risk of Clinical Progression
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Buybacks, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!