Qiagen (QGEN) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Guidance Above Consensus
- Wall Street rebounds after two-day fall; Netflix slides
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop on U.S. crude build, COVID-19 surge in India
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- U.S. dollar losses bounce after Canada tips toward higher rates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Qiagen (NYSE: QGEN) reported Q4 EPS of $0.68, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.65. Revenue for the quarter came in at $571.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $548.86 million.
- Q4 2020 net sales rise 36% CER to $571.2 million, exceeding outlook of ≥+32% CER, and adjusted diluted EPS grows 42% to $0.68 CER, exceeding outlook of ~$0.64-0.65 CER
- Full-year 2020 net sales increase 23% CER to $1.87 billion, exceeding outlook of ~+22% CER, and adjusted diluted EPS grows 52% to $2.17 CER, exceeding outlook of ~$2.13-2.14 CER
- Full-year 2020 operating cash flow rises 38% to $457.8 million, free cash flow grows 53%
- Continuously launching new COVID-19 solutions that also have non-COVID applications
- Reaffirming full-year 2021 outlook: ~18-20% CER net sales growth and adjusted diluted EPS of ~$2.42-2.46 CER
“Our results for the fourth quarter represented the best quarterly performance of 2020, and once again above the outlook we had set for sales and earnings growth over 2019. We experienced further improvements in non-COVID areas of the portfolio along with very strong demand for product groups addressing the critical demand for COVID-19 testing,” said Thierry Bernard, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V.
“Our QIAGENers continue to display the highest level of dedication in supplying key products for much-needed testing workflows to support the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic while also executing on our strategic focus on five pillars of growth to drive mid-term growth. Teams are working on regulatory submissions and expanding the use of key solutions in our COVID-19 portfolio that also have applications once the pandemic has subsided. We are particularly pleased to help customers overcome key testing bottlenecks with solutions such as our QIAprep& solution, a PCR workflow that is being implemented in labs around the world. We are also making progress on ramping up production capacity for our automated RNA extraction kits, as overall sales of sample technologies were higher. Another top priority is to ensure that our QIAstat-Dx and NeuMoDx tests continue to accurately detect emerging viral variants. As we focus on delivering COVID-19 solutions, we are seeing increasing demand in other areas of our portfolio. These include better trends for the QuantiFERON TB test, our portfolio for oncology testing, universal NGS solutions and DNA sample technologies. Based on the combination of ongoing demand for COVID-19 solutions and improving customer trends in other areas, we feel confident in achieving our outlook for sales and earnings in 2021. QIAGEN is committed to remaining at the forefront of the fight against COVID while expanding our business for post-pandemic growth.”
Qiagen sees FY2021 EPS of $2.42-$2.46, versus the consensus of $2.40.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Qiagen (QGEN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ASML Holdings (ASML) Reports Q1 EPS of EUR3.21 on Revenues of EUR4.36B; Offers 2Q Revenue Outlook
- Anthem (ANTM) Tops Q1 EPS by 50c, Revenues Miss; Raises FY21 EPS Outlook
- Edwards Lifesciences (EW) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!