Parker-Hannifin (PH) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY19 EPS Guidance
- Wall St gains with upbeat earnings and forecasts
- Amazon (AMZN) Tops Q2 EPS by $2.90, Revenue Misses, Q3 Guidance Falls Short of Consensus
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Didi (DIDI) Gains on WSJ Report It Considers Going Private, Company Denies
- Facebook (FB) Tops Profit and Revenue Estimates, But Shares Lower on Warning of Significant Growth Slowdown, Analyst Still Raises PT to a New 'Street High'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Parker-Hannifin (NYSE: PH) reported Q2 EPS of $2.51, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $2.42. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.47 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.46 billion.
- Sales increased 3% to second quarter record $3.47 billion; organic sales increased 6%
- As reported EPS were $2.36, or $2.51 adjusted
- Total segment operating margins were a second quarter record at 16.4%
- Adjusted total segment operating margins were 16.6%, a 170 bps year-over-year improvement
- EBITDA margins were 17.0%, or 17.2% adjusted
- Company increases fiscal 2019 full year EPS guidance
For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019, the company has increased guidance for earnings from continuing operations to the range of $11.04 to $11.54 per share, or $11.35 to $11.85 per share on an adjusted basis. Fiscal year 2019 guidance is adjusted on a pre-tax basis for expected business realignment expenses of approximately $19 million and CLARCOR costs to achieve of approximately $16 million and an income tax expense adjustment of $14 million related to U.S. Tax Reform. Guidance assumes organic sales growth in the range of 2.0% to 4.0%.
Williams added, “Our Win Strategy execution positions us to deliver strong profitability and record earnings in fiscal 2019, despite signs of moderating end market demand and the impact of a stronger U.S. dollar. Completing a record year in fiscal 2019, and ongoing initiatives guided by the Win Strategy, solidifies our confidence in achieving our fiscal 2023 five-year performance goals.”
Parker-Hannifin sees FY2019 EPS of $11.35-$11.85, versus the consensus of $11.52.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Parker-Hannifin (PH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- DoubleVerify Holdings Inc. (DV) Misses Q2 EPS by 7c
- Rogers (ROG) Misses Q2 EPS by 16c, Offers Guidance
- NextGen Healthcare (NXGN) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!