Omnicom Group (OMC) Sells ICON Unit
- Wall Street closes mixed, S&P 500 ends off record high
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- General Motors (GM) Misses on Profit Estimates as Bolt EV Recall Weighs on Earnings, Challenging Chip Situation and 'Cautious' Profit Outlook Pulling Shares Lower Says Analyst
- Exclusive-U.S. developing plan to require foreign visitors to be vaccinated -official
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Omnicom Media Group, a subsidiary of Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC), today announced the sale of ICON International, a specialty media company, to ICON's management team. The sale of ICON is part of Omnicom's continuing realignment of its portfolio of businesses and is consistent with its strategic plan and investment priorities.
Commenting on the disposition, John Wren, Omnicom's Chairman & CEO said, "I want to thank the management team and employees of ICON for their years of commitment to Omnicom and wish them continued success."
The disposition is not expected to have a material impact on Omnicom's ongoing operating income for the full year 2021. Going forward, the company's anticipated level of disposition activity is expected to be limited, and it expects to be principally focused on acquisition opportunities in precision marketing, martech and digital transformation, as well as commerce, media and healthcare.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TechTarget (TTGT) Acquires Xtelligent Healthcare Media
- PepsiCo (PEP) Confirms Deal to Sell Tropicana, Naked and other Juice Brands to PAI
- Unilever (UL) Said to Kick Off Sale of Large Part of Tea Business - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!