NiSource (NI) Issues Statement on NTSB Investigation
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NiSource, Inc. (NYSE: NI) today released the following statement following the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) meeting on its investigation of the September 13, 2018 event in the Merrimack Valley in Massachusetts:
"The NTSB's work is an important step in the effort to enhance pipeline safety. Our own understanding of the events generally aligns with that of the NTSB. We welcome today's action by the NTSB because it will help us, our industry partners, the public, and others learn from this tragedy. As we've said since that tragic day, we take responsibility for what happened.
"Since last September, and based on lessons learned, we have taken a series of steps to prevent something similar from happening again, which is what our customers and our communities deserve. These include installing automatic shut-off devices, accelerating implementation of a Safety Management System, or SMS, enhancing emergency preparedness, enhanced mapping, and more.
"We cooperated fully with the NTSB to help assess what happened and we thank them for their diligent work.
"We have committed to our customers and our communities that we will continue to learn from what happened and implement changes to protect the public.
"We will continue to work with all stakeholders to help prevent something similar from happening again, in our system or anywhere."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NHTSA Hires Tesla (TSLA) Autopilot Critic as Safety Advisor; Musk Claims Bias
- Redbox Completes Business Combination With Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. (SGAM)
- Extreme Vehicle Battery Technologies (CRYBF) Acquires CryptoPlug Technologies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!