Newmont (NEM) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- S&P 500, Dow rise on boost from bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Bernie Madoff, disgraced Ponzi schemer, dies at 82
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Newmont (NYSE: NEM) reported Q4 EPS of $1.06, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $0.95. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.38 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.47 billion.
- Produced 5.9 million attributable ounces of gold and over 1 million attributable gold equivalent ounces of co-products, gold CAS* of $756 per ounce, and gold AISC* of $1,045 per ounce achieving 2020 full-year guidance
- Generated record $4.9 billion of cash from continuing operations and $3.6 billion of Free Cash Flow (97% attributable to Newmont)*
- Ended the year with $5.5 billion of consolidated cash and $8.5 billion of liquidity with a net debt to adjusted EBITDA* ratio of 0.2x
- Announced industry-leading dividend framework and declared fourth quarter dividend of $0.55 per share, an increase of 38 percent over the prior quarter and a total declared dividend for 2020 of $1.45 per share**
- Completed the 2020 $1 billion share-repurchase program and recently announced a new $1 billion share-repurchase program
- Delivered over $2.7 billion to shareholders through dividends and share buybacks in 2019 and 2020
- Achieved best safety performance in the Company's history, focusing on fatality risks across our business
- Recognized as top-ranked gold miner for the sixth consecutive year in DJSI Index, announced industry-leading climate targets for greenhouse gas emissions and committed $500 million over 5 years to climate change initiatives
- Reported industry-leading reserves of over 94 million ounces of gold mineral reserves and 65 million ounces of gold equivalent ounces reserves
- Announced 2021 outlook of 6.5 million ounces for 2021, and between 6.2 and 6.7 million ounces through 2023 and between 6.5 and 7.0 million ounces longer-term through 2025***
“In 2020, Newmont achieved record performance including $3.6 billion of free cash flow and ending the year with over $5.5 billion of consolidated cash. These results enable Newmont to lead the industry in shareholder returns, invest in organic growth and maintain financial flexibility," said Tom Palmer, President and Chief Executive Officer. "While generating record value for shareholders, we also achieved record safety performance with the lowest injury rate in Company history. As we complete our 100th year, we will remain focused on delivering superior operational performance whilst creating value and improving lives through sustainable, responsible mining."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Newmont (NEM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan (JPM) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.40, Revenues Beat
- Wells Fargo starts to emerge from sales scandal as first quarter profits jump
- The Lovesac Company (LOVE) Tops Q4 EPS by 79c, Revenues Beat