Maxeon (MAXN) Announces $125M Public Offering of Ordinary Shares
- Dow ends at record high after upbeat jobless claims report
- PayPal (PYPL) Gains After Topping Q1 and Guidance Expectations, Crypto Seen as a Key Growth Driver Going Forward
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
- Fed's Kaplan wants taper talk 'sooner rather than later'
- U.S. weekly jobless claims drop below 500,000; layoffs lowest since 2000
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Maxeon Solar Technologies, Ltd. (Maxeon) (NASDAQ: MAXN) today announced that it is offering to sell, subject to market and other conditions, $125,000,000 of ordinary shares through an underwritten public offering. Maxeon also intends to grant the underwriters an option, exercisable for 30 days after the date of the final prospectus supplement, to purchase up to an additional $18,750,000 of ordinary shares offered in the public offering on the same terms and conditions (the "Offering").
In addition, pursuant to a stock purchase agreement, dated April 13, 2021, with an affiliate of Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor ("TZS"), Maxeon has agreed to sell to TZS, in a private placement exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, and at a sale price equal to the price to the public in the Offering, up to 1.9 million and no fewer than 1.5 million ordinary shares (the "TZS Private Placement"). Completion of the TZS Private Placement is contingent on completion of the Offering; however, the Offering is not contingent on the completion of the TZS Private Placement.
Maxeon intends to use a portion of the net proceeds from the Offering and the TZS Private Placement for general corporate purposes, which is expected to include funding its previously announced Performance line expansion and may also include ramping up production and development of next-generation Maxeon 7, increasing manufacturing capacity for Maxeon 5 and 6, research and development and other projects.
Morgan Stanley and BofA Securities are serving as joint book-running managers and as the representatives of the underwriters for the offering. An effective registration statement on Form F-3 (File No. 333-248564) relating to these securities has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC").
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Academy Sports and Outdoor (ASO) Prices 14M Share Secondary Offering at $32/Sh by Selling Shareholders; Announces Concurrent 3.23M Share Buyback
- Alfi Inc. (ALF) Prices 3.73M Unit IPO at $4.15/Unit; Announces Nasdaq Listing
- VSE Corp. (VSEC) Declares $0.09 Quarterly Dividend; 0.8% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!