Marriott (MAR) Outlines Three Year Growth Plan
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) today will present the company's three-year financial model through 2025 at its meeting with institutional investors and security analysts at the W South Beach in
In the presentation, the company will reiterate its 2023 outlook given in August and introduce two-year compounded annual growth rates (CAGRs) from 2023 to 2025 for certain key performance metrics. Marriott will outline its plan to add 230,000 to 270,000 net rooms over three years, expanding its industry-leading global portfolio to nearly 1.8 million rooms by year-end 2025. This represents a three-year CAGR for net rooms of 5.0 to 5.5 percent. In addition, the company's model assumes global RevPAR growth at a two-year CAGR of 3 to 6 percent from 2023 to 2025, after rising 12 to 14 percent this year.
"With global travel poised for continued robust growth, our strategy is to deliver the best brands and experiences for consumers, to attract and retain the most loyal guests and to be in more places around the world. These are our three paths to win," said
Given the assumptions in its three-year model, the company could produce the following results:
- Total gross fee revenues could rise 16 to 18 percent year-over-year in 2023 and at a 6.5 to 9.5 percent two-year CAGR to reach
$5.4to $5.8 billionin 2025.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (adjusted EBITDA) could increase 18 to 21 percent year-over-year in 2023 and at a 7 to 10 percent two-year CAGR to reach
$5.2to $5.7 billionin 2025.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share (adjusted diluted EPS) could rise 25 to 29 percent year-over-year in 2023 and at a 10 to 15 percent two-year CAGR to reach
$10.10to $11.45in 2025.
- Shareholders could see
$1.9to $2.0 billionin dividends, assuming a 25 percent payout ratio, and $9.8to $11.6 billionin share repurchases, for total shareholder returns of $11.7to $13.6 billionover the three-year period through 2025.
"Our asset-light and resilient business model drives powerful results," said
As part of the presentation of its three-year financial model, Marriott will discuss the priority it is placing on generating valuable global rooms growth over the long term. The company will discuss its efforts to grow the distribution of its more than 30 leading brands, while also introducing new brands and offerings that meet customers' evolving needs. It will highlight the following key priorities that support its growth plans – midscale, extended stay, leisure and luxury, and conversions.
The company expects to follow a tailored development approach in its expansion in the affordable midscale segment, recognizing differences by continent to accommodate regional customer and owner expectations. To date, Marriott has completed an acquisition (the City Express brand portfolio) in the
Marriott is also emphasizing luxury and leisure offerings. It is currently leading in luxury distribution globally, with nearly 500 open luxury hotels and 17 percent of the market, approximately 1.5 times the size of its next largest competitor. The company remains focused on extending its leading position with another 225 luxury properties in the pipeline. Conversions, particularly multi-unit conversions, are also a critical piece of the company's overall growth strategy. In the first six months of 2023, conversions accounted for 63 percent of room signings, including the MGM Resorts transaction, and 25 percent excluding MGM.
Continued robust growth in Marriott's branded residential business, cobrand credit card offerings and other adjacencies such as The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection are also expected to enhance the company's fee growth. Marriott expects to continue its disciplined approach to investing capital in long term value enhancing projects that drive cash flow growth.
Marriott will provide a live webcast of today's investor and security analyst conference. The live webcast will be available on
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley says PagerDuty stock is 'too cheap to ignore'; Shares gain after earnings
- Samsara Inc (IOT) surges as earnings beat and ARR crosses $1bn
- Pfizer (PFE) announced Phase 2B trial of danuglipron showed statistically significant reductions from baseline in body weight for all doses
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!