Longview Acquisition Corp. (LGVW) Stockholders Approve Business Combination with Butterfly Network
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Longview Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: LGVW.U, LGVW, LGVW WS) , a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by an affiliate of Glenview Capital Management, LLC, announced today that its stockholders voted to approve the proposed business combination with Butterfly Network, Inc. with nearly 100% of the shares of Longview voted at the Special Meeting in favor of the business combination proposal. A total of six proposals were considered and approved by stockholders at the Special Meeting on February 12, 2021. A Form 8-K disclosing the full voting results will be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 16, 2021.
Additionally, the deadline for electing redemptions has passed and Longview will have approximately $589 million in cash prior to the business combination, which includes $175 million to be received in the previously announced private placement, which is expected to close concurrently with the business combination.
With this successful stockholder vote the proposed business combination is expected to close shortly. Following the closing, the combined company will be renamed Butterfly Network, Inc. and trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BFLY".
"We would like to thank the shareholders of Longview for their partnership and confidence in us since our May 20, 2020 IPO," said John Rodin, CEO of Longview. "We are proud to bring together financial and human capital, industry expertise, connectivity and an extraordinary growth company to significantly accelerate medical innovation, raise the standard of care, reduce cost and improve wellness through Butterfly, the New Image of Health."
"We are grateful to Dr. Jonathan Rothberg and the team of brilliant scientists who invested nine years to create and perfect Ultrasound-on-a-Chip, bringing true mobility, accessibility and broad utility to medical imaging," said Larry Robbins, Chairman of Longview. "We thank Butterfly and Jonathan for their confidence and trust in partnering with Longview as their accelerator, and we are excited to lock arms with the medical community to deliver professionals and patients powerful and affordable tools to promote wellness and healing."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Inotiv (NOTV) to Purchase Bolder BioPATH, Inc.
- MER Telemanagement Solutions (MTSL) Signs Definitive Merger Agreement with SharpLink
- TG Therapeutics (TGTX) Announces Positive Results from the ULTIMATE I & II Phase 3 Trials of Ublituximab in MS to be Presented at American Academy of Neurology 73rd Annual Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, SPAC
Related EntitiesGlenview Capital Management, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!