Kite Pharma (KITE) Names Shawn Tomasello CCO
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kite Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: KITE) today announced that it has appointed Shawn Tomasello to the newly created position of Chief Commercial Officer. With over 30 years of experience in the life sciences industry, Ms. Tomasello has led commercial and medical affairs efforts at Pharmacyclics and commercial efforts at Celgene and Genentech. In her new role, Ms. Tomasello will build Kite’s commercial and medical affairs operations, reporting to Arie Belldegrun, M.D., FACS, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, and Cynthia M. Butitta, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
“Shawn’s tremendous record of accomplishment, including her leadership of three of the most successful programs in hematology-oncology, will be invaluable as we advance our lead product candidate, KTE-C19, in the clinic and prepare for commercialization,” said Dr. Belldegrun. “We are thrilled that she is joining our team at this important time for Kite.”
Prior to joining Kite, Ms. Tomasello served as Chief Commercial Officer at Pharmacyclics, Inc., during which time the brand Imbruvica® was awarded the prestigious 2015 Prix Galien Award for Best Pharmaceutical Agent. Previously, she held senior leadership positions at Celgene Corporation, including President of the Americas, Hematology and Oncology, in which she oversaw over $4 billion in product revenues. During her tenure at Celgene, Ms. Tomasello was responsible for all aspects of commercial sales and marketing for six brands encompassing 11 indications. One of these brands, Revlimid®, was awarded the Prix Galien USA 2008 Award for Special Therapeutic Development. Prior to this, she was National Director of Hematology for Rituxan® at Genentech, representing the most significant portion of the company’s product revenue during her tenure. Earlier in her career, Ms. Tomasello held positions at Pfizer Laboratories, Miles Pharmaceuticals and Proctor & Gamble. She currently serves on the Boards of Oxford BioTherapeutics and Diplomat Rx. Ms. Tomasello received her BS degree in marketing from the University of Cincinnati and her MBA degree from Murray State University, KY.
“I am excited about this unique opportunity to join the talented team at Kite, a company dedicated to changing the paradigm of cancer treatment,” said Ms. Tomasello. “As we advance towards commercialization, I look forward to building and leading our commercial organization to bring Kite’s potentially curative therapies to patients with a significant unmet need.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Willdan Group (WLDN) Announces CFO Transition
- EHang Holdings (EH) Announces CAAC Established EH216 Type Certification Team to Further Advance Certification Process
- Horizon Therapeutics (HZNP) Announces New Integrated Data and Follow-up Outcomes From Two TEPEZZA Pivotal Trials Published in The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!