Kansas City Southern (KSU) Confirms Receipt of Unsolicited Proposal From Canadian National Railway (CNI)
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) (“KCS”) today announced that it has received an unsolicited proposal from Canadian National Railway (TSX: CNR, NYSE: CNI) (“CN”) to acquire KCS in a cash and stock transaction valued by CN at $325 per KCS share.
On March 21, 2021, KCS announced that it had entered into a merger agreement with Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSX: CP, NYSE: CP) (“CP”), pursuant to which CP agreed to acquire KCS in a stock and cash transaction valued at $275 per KCS share based on the CP and KCS closing prices on March 19, 2021. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions including receipt of regulatory approvals and the approval of CP and KCS shareholders.
The KCS board of directors will evaluate CN’s proposal in accordance with the terms of KCS’ merger agreement with CP, and will respond in due course. The KCS board of directors has not made any determination with respect to CN’s proposal at this time.
BofA Securities and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC are serving as financial advisors to Kansas City Southern. Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, Baker & Miller PLLC, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP, WilmerHale, and White & Case, S.C. are serving as legal counsel to Kansas City Southern.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Equinox Said to Discuss Going Public Via Social Capital SPAC (IPOD) (IPOF) - Bloomberg
- Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) Misses Q1 EPS by 7c
- Sun Life Financial (SLF) Tops Q1 EPS by 56c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!