Kandi Technologies Group (KNDI) Exits Geely Affiliation
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Kandi Technologies Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: KNDI) (the “Company” or “Kandi”) announced today that it exited its position in Fengsheng Automotive Technologies Group Co., Ltd (the “Affiliate Company” or “Fengsheng”).
To formalize the exit, Kandi’s wholly owned subsidiary, Zhejiang Kandi Vehicles Co., Ltd. ("Kandi Vehicles") completed an Equity Transfer Agreement (the “Transfer Agreement”) with Geely, in which Kandi’s 22% equity interest in Fengsheng was transferred to Geely in exchange for RMB 308 million (approximately $47.3 million) in cash.
Zhejiang Provincial Administration for Market Regulation recorded the update of the ownership of Fengsheng on March 9, 2021.
Mr. Hu Xiaoming, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Kandi, commented, “Since Geely took control of Fengsheng, it experienced large losses for a variety of reasons. To eliminate the impact of these losses on Kandi, our senior management-- authorized by the Board of Directors-- decided to transfer our ownership position to Geely. After friendly negotiations, the terms of the transfer were agreed upon and approved by the Zhejiang Provincial Administration for Market Regulation.”
Hu continued, “By exiting the Fengsheng partnership, Kandi is no longer bound by the associated non-compete provisions. We are now free to more aggressively pursue the burgeoning electric vehicle opportunity in China.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AVEO Oncology (AVEO) Adds Kevin Cullen, M.D. to Board
- Ikena Oncology Inc. (IKNA) Adds Dr. Maria Koehler to Board
- Bausch Health Co. Inc. (BHC) Reports Brazilian Approval for VYZULTA