InterDigital (IDCC) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c
- Nasdaq and S&P 500 scale new peaks; Dow rallies
- Biden says deal reached on infrastructure plan
- Eli Lilly (LLY) Surges After Getting Breakthrough Therapy Designation From FDA, Analyst Raises PT and Sees Approval Chance at 90%, Biogen (BIIB) Plunges
- Dollar holds below two-month highs as Fed policy in focus
- Morgan Stanley's Huberty Dismisses Concerns Over Apple's (AAPL) 2022 Growth Prospects, Bumps PT; Says iPhone 'S' Cycle Is Different This Time and Sees 'Good' LT Buying Opportunity
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) reported Q1 EPS of $0.18, $0.18 better than the analyst estimate of $0.00. Revenue for the quarter came in at $78.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $79.97 million.
First Quarter 2021 Financial Highlights
- Recurring revenue was $78.6 million, compared to recurring revenue of $75.5 million in first quarter 2020, a 4% year-over-year increase. Total revenue was $82.4 million, compared to $76.2 million in first quarter 2020, an 8% year-over-year increase.
- Operating expenses were $70.4 million, compared to $71.5 million in first quarter 2020.
- Operating income increased to $12.0 million, compared to $4.7 million in first quarter 2020.
- Net income1 was $5.6 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared to net income of $0.1 million in first quarter 2020. As previously disclosed, first quarter 2020 net income included a $4.4 million net gain, primarily from the write-up of a long-term investment.
“I am excited to join a company that’s so well positioned,” said Liren Chen, President and CEO of InterDigital. “We began 2021 with great momentum signing three license agreements in the first four months, including the renewal with Sharp Corporation. We remain focused on pursuing agreements with unlicensed customers in both the handset and consumer electronics markets.”
“I am pleased to report another quarter of great financial results that highlighted the strength of our operating model, where solid year-over-year revenue growth saw us more than double operating income,” noted Richard Brezski, CFO of InterDigital.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on InterDigital (IDCC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carnival Corp. (CCL) sees adjusted net loss of $2 billion for Q2, says customer deposits increased
- Staffing 360 Solutions (STAF) Announces Improved Anticipated Q2 Financial Results
- Digital Brands Group (DBGI) Announces Channel Expansion into Amazon Marketplace
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!