General Dynamics (GD) Subsidiary, Jet Aviation, Acquires Full Ownership of the San Juan Fixed-Base Operator at Luis Munoz Marin International Airport in Puerto Rico
- Wall St near even, dragged by Nike 6% drop after warning
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jet Aviation today acquired full ownership of the San Juan fixed-base operator (FBO) at Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport in Puerto Rico, a provider of premium business aviation services at one of the most convenient U.S. points of entry for international flights.
Jet Aviation has been operating the San Juan FBO under a management agreement with the previous owner, Pazos, since March 2017, when the FBO was rebranded as Jet Aviation.
"Bringing the San Juan FBO completely under Jet Aviation management reinforces our commitment to our customers, our employees and the region," said David Paddock, senior vice president and general manager, Jet Aviation Regional Operations USA. "Our goal is to deliver business aviation services as close to demand as possible, while ensuring consistency across our growing global network."
"Jet Aviation operates 10 FBOs in the U.S. and Caribbean," said Paddock. "San Juan is a high-performing FBO with excellent long-term growth prospects and we are delighted to fully bring it into our fold."
Paddock said a new, larger hangar will open in the first quarter of 2019 to replace the one destroyed by Hurricane Maria in 2017. The hangar – 20,000 square feet of hangar space and 2,500 square feet of office space – will offer customers parking facilities, refueling, third party aircraft maintenance, meeting space, an executive passenger lounge, flight-planning workstations and a pilots' suite. The San Juan FBO has a full-service, onsite U.S. Customs and Border Protection terminal to facilitate convenient customs, immigration and agriculture processing of international flights.
Hector Vasquez will continue in his role as FBO director and serve as general manager at San Juan. He has worked in FBO services for 34 years and was at Jet Aviation Teterboro for 26 years before moving to San Juan in 2018.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ball Corp. (BLL) Announces New U.S. Beverage Can Plant in Nevada
- Huize Holding Limited (HUIZ) Acquires Hubei Shengs Life & General Insurance Agency
- Bartell Drugs (RAD) Announces Partnership With Uber (UBER) To Expand On-demand Delivery Throughout Western Washington
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!