Ebang International (EBON) to Launch Bitcoin Mining Business
- Wall Street ends lower as investors await earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Alibaba (BABA) Gets a Record $2.8 Billion Anti-Monopoly Fine, Shares Soar as a 'Major Overhang' is Lifted
- Tesla (TSLA) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Canaccord Genuity and PT Raised by 155%, as it 'Holds a Several-Year Lead' in EV While Storage Business Accelerates
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ebang International Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: EBON, the “Company,” “we” or “our”), a blockchain technology company in the global market, today held a board meeting and passed a resolution (the “Resolution”) to launch Bitcoin mining business. According to the Resolution, the Company plans to operate its Bitcoin mining business by adopting a combination of deploying self-manufactured mining machines and mining machines purchased from other manufacturers as well as leasing computing powers from other mining farms. At the same time, the Company also expects to invest in data center constructions to provide support for Bitcoin mining activities.
Mr. Dong Hu, Chairman and CEO of the Company, commented, “With the development of Bitcoin mining business, the Company will not only just continue to position itself as a Bitcoin mining machine producer. This move will increase our revenue in cryptocurrency business and optimize our product offering structure. We believe it will help the Company’s transformation from a hardware manufacturer to a blockchain company with comprehensive involvements in its industry chain.”
There is no guarantee that the Company’s operation of Bitcoin mining business will commence as planned or at all, or that such business operation will improve the Company’s financial performance or results of operation. Shareholders are cautioned not to place undue reliance on this press release.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ballantyne Strong's (BTN) GreenFirst To Acquire Forest and Paper Products Assets in Ontario and Quebec For $214 Million
- Riot Blockchain (RIOT) to Acquire Whinstone in $651 Million Deal
- Nam Tai Property (NTP) Says ISS, Glass Lewis Both Determine Change in Board Control is Not Warranted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!