Coupa Software (COUP) to Acquire Exari
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), announced today that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Exari, a leading provider of contract lifecycle management (CLM). Exari will extend Coupa's existing contract management capabilities and reinforce Coupa's strategy of providing market-leading power-user applications that maximize the value of the core transactional spend captured in the Coupa BSM Platform.
"Today, billions of dollars of buy-side transactional spend are processed against contracts stored in Coupa," said Rob Bernshteyn, chairman and chief executive officer at Coupa. "By unifying Exari's advanced CLM capabilities with this transactional spend, we will enable companies to further decrease maverick spend, drive more savings, reduce risk, and spend smarter. This acquisition will further cement our leadership position in business spend management and our commitment to deliver measurable business value."
Exari enables businesses to manage the entire contract lifecycle: from contract request, creation, and approval to negotiation, signature capture, and optimization with compliance built-in throughout the process. Leveraging its Universal Contract Model™, Exari provides a comprehensive set of capabilities, including:
- Contract Creation: Any employee can easily create compliant contracts with guided workflows and reusable libraries.
- Contract Discovery: Automatically turn text into data with AI-based data extraction and analysis that enables compliance matching with remarkable speed and certainty.
- Contract Collaboration: Easily collaborate across the contract lifecycle, from contract authoring and clause management to advanced negotiations, to create and execute contracts faster.
Once the transaction is closed, Exari will be unified with the Coupa contract repository. This synergistic offering will enable companies to easily create and manage compliant contracts, and operationalize these contracts against spend transactions to turn negotiations into realized savings.
"Understanding contract exposure and opportunities is increasingly a board issue as companies struggle to effectively manage compliance and business risks," said Bill Hewitt, chief executive officer at Exari. "As part of Coupa, we will be able to provide companies around the globe with a world-class CLM solution as an integral part of their overall business spend management strategy."
"Contracts are the underpinning of every business, yet many struggle to get value from their negotiated contracts," said Mickey North Rizza, program vice president, Enterprise Applications and Digital Commerce at IDC. "Bringing Exari's robust CLM capabilities together with the Coupa BSM Platform will create an unparalleled offering that deeply embeds contracts within a company's core transactional processes to ensure negotiated savings and terms are applied at the moment spend is happening. This new offering, once integrated, will deliver differentiated value that is highly sought after. Evidenced by what we've seen with Coupa's prior acquisitions, I expect Coupa to unify Exari with its platform quickly and continue to deliver against its vision of creating a comprehensive, user-centric platform for business spend management."
Exari is recognized as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Contract Lifecycle Management For All Contracts, Q1 2019 Report. The report states that "Exari has become a leader in AI-enabled importing and disaggregating contracts into constituent parts, using a contract data model that allows deeper analytics of a company's overall contract portfolio."
The proposed acquisition is expected to close during Coupa's fiscal second quarter, subject to the satisfaction of regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) receives US clearance of proposed acquisition of Alexion (ALXN)
- Inspirato Said in Talks to Merge with Thayer Ventures Acquisition (TVAC) - Bloomberg (Earlier)
- United Rentals (URI) to Acquire General Finance (GFN) for $19/share in $996 Million Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!